Blog Post 2: What Information Systems has taught me ?


Information Systems as a module taught me new technological concepts and it generally broadened my learning. Amongst other, I learned how and where software and hardware is being manufactured and how it is being used and improved in today’s globalized world. For example, Appel manufactures better, slimmer and faster cell phones and tablets every year because they are technologically advanced in the field.

Technology is certainly becoming more advanced and quite a breakthrough compared to earlier years. People need to be prepared to be more willing to learn new skills in order to adapt to this fast pacing technological environment.  Technological skills are a vital component in the business world since businesses want to employ candidates who are flexible and willing to learn outside their domain or area of specialization.

Information systems have become part of my daily life as I have installed latest applications on my cellphone to aid me in my studies and other aspects of my life.  These applications include, a to do list, an alarm that monitors my sleeping pattern and wake me in a calming way.  I also use an application that reminds me to drink water so that I do not become dehydrated and lose focus in lectures. Information Systems has taught me that by making use of new technological applications, it has the potential to improve one’s life and health.

People in general including those within communities can also benefit from Information Systems. They can for example install electronic chat rooms. People find this way of interaction sometimes more convenient as they will still be able to attend to other responsibilities yet interacting and share their ideas and knowledge with others to improve their own community or surroundings such as “going green” in the environment.

The university is therefore playing an important role in teaching students who are also part of communities to learn and understand the basic tools of technology. This learning can be transferred to other areas of their lives such as their professional and personal lives as well as the communities they live in.

Comments

Popular Posts